Tuesday, May 08, 2007

You want to drill me?

I'm back from my dentist appointment. I've been dreading this one for weeks. I admit that I have a fear of dentists, yet I go every 4 months. Last visit (a couple of weeks ago), the dentist makes plans to do these 'fillings.' I don't have cavities, yet we have to fill something. He's been saying for years that we should yank my wisdom teeth, but admits that there was nothing wrong with the way they were coming in. My train of thought floats around, "why the hell cause unnecessary pain and suffering to pull some silly teeth? Let's wait and see what happens."
It may come as no shock to many, but my mouth is plenty big enough to hold all wisdom teeth, with a little extra room to boot. This is where today's visit comes in. Dentist-man says I have some deep grooves in my wisdom teeth that could become the breeding ground for cavities later. The solution? Fill them in, file them down, etc, etc. Preventative measure.
I point blank asked him, "Do you need a new car or something?"
He has a good sense of humour, but books my appointment anyway.

45 minutes and $550.00 later, my teeth are filled-ish (it was weird what he did, but I can't complain because there was no freezing or pain).
Thank God for insurance.
I did notice a brand new BMW in the lot though. I wonder if it's his?

6 comments:

Mackey said...

Oh don't kid yourself Sass....the dentist just likes to find reasons to rest his arm on your tata's!!!!:D

(The next time you go to the dentist I know you will be thinking of me when his arm brushes your chest!!!!)lol

Anonymous said...

well damn
what is up with the 550????????
i thunk u canucks had universal health care?????????
i have all my natural chewers too
i went to the dentest in 1988 or so
drill you????
im thinkin u reallllllllllllly dont wnt the answer to that!
I am in agreement with Mackey
he prolly is tickled when you come in so he can rest on you excellent breasteses
be careful of the gas he gives you...... u neva kno what happens when ur under the influence!
js

Mafia Wife said...

I would have been thinking the same as you about him wanting a new car! I've had dentists do work that wasn't necessary and I've not trusted a dentist since when it comes to doing the work.

Osbasso said...

My dad is a retired dentist. The procedure wasn't to buy a new car--it was to buy his kid a new computer.

And to rest on your tatas.

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

Ohhhhh I don't likey the dentist man at alllll. A very scary place that is. Thank god I have never had a cavity in my whole life - cus they would have to knock me out to give me shots and drill in my mouth!!! Yikes!

Randi said...

I have a pain in my tooth that the dentist refuses to acknowledge yet he tries to bleed my dad's wallet dry every time he goes... Go figure.