A bowl of lettuce is not "salad."
It's a bowl of lettuce.
Even if you add salad dressing, it doesn't make it salad.
It's still a bowl of lettuce.
Salad requires a variety of vegetables, maybe even some fruit or nuts, but it has to have something other then just lettuce to constitute it being called salad.
Just like that, a bowl of greasy water with a chicken drumstick floating in the middle, does not make "chicken soup."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Just to make clear... a bowl of lettuce with 3 carrot gratings & a small tomato wedge does not a salad make either!
Man I hate it when restaurants do that!
The best salad in the world is the chicken pecan salad at Boston Pizza! TO DIE FOR!
Lettuce
boiled egg
carrots
pecans
grilled chicken
mozza cheese
cheddar cheese
Now THAT is a salad!
I'ma tosser
salad
just sayin
i mean
u kno
ok
yeah
Mackey - I agree. The lettuce to veggie ratio has to be close.
I must try that chicken pecan salad at Boston Pizza. Hmmm there is one within walking distance from here. Mmmmm.
Sage - I know you're a tosser ;) You LOVE the tossed salad don't ya?
Phew! A salad post and now we're talking about tossing... I need a cold shower.
OMG! Hilarious...we got take out Italian the other night from an actually pretty good restaurant - each entree comes with a salad and my hubby's was literally a bowl of lettuce!! I was lucky, I got a bowl of lettuce, a slice of cucumber and a half a cherry tomato!!!
Sarah - hehe. It tends to go downhill real fast around here....
FunkyBee - That drives me insane! Especially from "good" restaurants. Shame on them. Someone should go show them how to toss a real salad...*snicker*
No problems ... downhill isn't bad. In fact, I rather like it. ;)
What if you put salt and pepper on the lettuce? Hmmmm?
The thought of a greasy bowl of chicken drumstick water - ewwwww! :p
And the worst is when it is big lettuce.
I am so lazy I will often have a "bowl o lettuce" w/dressing. Maybe I'll add some chicken soup (minus the soup). But yeah. Hey, that's just how I roll!
Post a Comment