Thursday, April 03, 2008

I'm around and have been lurking around too. It's just been a bit of a crazy week. The biggest thing going on is that my grandfather isn't doing so well. He lives in a retirement facility that has a nurse on each floor, however it's not a nursing home. It seems he's needing more care then they can provide so there has been talk of moving him. He's not pleased. The other day he fell twice. The second time the 2 night staff were unable to get him up and had to call an ambulance. The paramedics said that he should come to the hospital to be properly checked out. He flat out refused. The next day he was stiff and in pain. He didn't want to even get out of bed. Then he fell again. My mom and aunt have been to at least take him to the doctors and talk to him. He's upset and being really mean. The nurse told them also he has a DNR on him too. Until they get him into a nursing home, they've hired a private caregiver to take care of him and do all the things he needs, which is now unable to do. He thinks he doesn't need this help though and is angry with them. My mom is really stressed out right now and upset which is hard for me to see. Add this in with some other issues that have surfaced this week and damn. So that is where we are...

I'll be around more as things settle down. In the meantime the weather has been getting nicer and a lot sunnier so Mason and I are getting out more :)

***
Did you know that Friday is International Cleavage day? My good friend Sage is hoping to get 50 pictures of some cleavage. Naughty or nice.
Help the man out. If you go to his page and scroll down you can see how to get your mounds to him.
I wonder if he takes man cleavage?

4 comments:

Cori said...

Aw, that's too bad that he just isn't seeing that he needs to accept some help. I hope things get easier for you soon :(

Randi said...

I know all about mean grandpas... It's hard when they realize they're not the robust young men they used to be.
My thoughts are with you!

The Funky Bee said...

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear this Sassy. I can't imagine how hard it is to get old and more so for a very proud man. I'm sure he is just feeling horrible and he's angry and sometimes there's no one to take it out on but the people you love unfortunately. Just hang in there and know that I'm thinking about you and your family. Good luck with everything.

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Damn
Well I hope he gets to feeling better. Maybe he'll not be mean too. Good luck with thatand the other issues

On the cleve I'll put up whatever, I do prefer girls cleve but you know I'd think my readers would like man boobs!