Monday, March 13, 2006
The Irony of It All
I was watching this show on the discovery channel looking at the film Grizzly Man (2005). The movie looks at the life of Timothy Treadwell. He lived unarmed amongst the grizzly bears in an Alaskan national park. He ventured really close to them, talking to them and even touching them. I can admire his dedication, but at the same time I couldn't help but think that he is absolutely nuts to be that close to the biggest meat eating predator around! Often he camped for months alone at the park, so I guess one's sanity does have to come into question at some point. The clips showed him talking lovingly to the bears like they were children and he even named each bear. He would greet them by name, "hello freckles, are you fishing? What a lovely fish you have there...take care my precious!" That alone was enough to make me laugh, even though my inner good girl was telling me to shut up because this man is no longer with us. I thought he was homosexual, and at some points in the program thought he might be into beastiality too. You just never know...alone in the parks with all those bears (Im not judging, just saying. You can do as you wish if that's your thing). I'm sure the man had desires! But I was wrong. He brought his girlfriend Amie with him on one trip, their last ever trip. I can't stress the amount of time he spend on his beloved bears and the fighting he did to keep them safe from poachers and to share their beauty. He felt more at home with the bears then he did in any city. Maybe he felt like an outcast in society, and somehow he felt loved amongst the bears. I'll never know. He videotaped and recorded a lot of his adventures with these bears on his trips, and the movie is composed largely of his footage, which is incredible to say the least. Timothy Treadwell unfortunately didn't live to see the film made. On that last camping trip where he took Amie amongst the bears, he was mauled in his tent and both him and Amie were savagely attacked and eaten. Sad, but that's what I call ironic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
that was a really good movie.. his intentions were admirable!
@s! - absolutely admirable!
Excellent, love it! Panama city florida wet t shirt contest infiniti dealership gmc 5.3l Cheap calling cards to talk with in us Fxrc ge water filter lexus ls 430 uk review interior decoration ideas living room non surgical face lift pontiac gto window switch infiniti g20 Incorporate in michigan business opportunity Subcision on acne scars reviews of the 2003 infiniti i35 vitamin get rid stretch marks Galveston tx fishing guide http://www.wiring-diagram-for-a-1999-mazda-626.info/Buick-gs-400-1967.html Ambien with no percription overnight delivery
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Advanced teaching degree online island pond vermont zyrtec darlington indiana Long beach calling plans Auto navigation g nstig premium bond winning numbers unclaimed http://www.texas-lotto-winning-number.info/Comewinningnumberswinninglottery.html pistons rings amateur wives home pages Baccarat book gambling sport mopar wheels 26 tires forum Ben affleck playing texas holdem Sylvania internet video security monitoring with one color http://www.paintball-gun-1.info/my-ebay-bidding-tenuate.html Leet crap Flash web site design uk Free home treatments for asthma 1984 isuzu diesel nebraska powerball results-pick5 2006 lottery homes in bc credit cards in india
Post a Comment