Sunday, March 26, 2006

It's all in the name

I love cars, and would like to think I know quite a bit about them, but I'm not really into NASCAR racing. That is probably why I had never heard of DICK TRICKLE He was apparently a really good racer in his day, I just can't get past his name! I even heard that one of his cars was something like "White Knight." Common! I wonder if people really think about what they are naming their kids?

Some names I've heard of that are slightly out of the ordinary are:

Ali Bye
Avery Niceman
Dennis Elbow
Emma Grates
Gladys Friday
Ivana Veekoff (among other Ivana ones that are floating around)

I'm sure their are many more. I was always a fan of those silly 'jokes':
Did you read the book called Cats Revenge by Claude Balls? or Rusty Bedsprings by I. P. Nightly?

My own grandmother's name (God rest her soul) was Helen Burns...which if you think about it sounds like "hell and burns"...which is what some people say is going to happen to me.

6 comments:

Leah the Super-Cool said...

Hahaha that haiku made my day.

P.S. The name I recently ran across that cracks me up is Dr. Spooner, a famous psychologist. It's not even all that funny, it just cracks me up.

The Funky Bee said...

I do love the weird names...I'm a sucker for the "simpson's" prank call one's too! In highschool I had a teacher names Mrs. Gay and my cousin had a teacher named Mrs. Dickoff! Now you tell me, would you EVER become a TEACHER with a name like that? Some people are just glutons for punishment!

Thatgirl7278 said...

Friend of mine works for the DMV...
and apparently there are several men named "Guy White".

White, Guy.

Yo. That's just not right.

April said...

I spent a lot of time and put in a lot of effort into the name I picked for my son, Ethan. I think it's VERY important. Otherwise you end up with a name like the one's you've listed.

Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

I wonder whether all the White, Guy's are um, white guys?

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read hosting provider Huge+puffy+tits h2 hummer commercial song music Golf submit a url Ppc rates infant seat cover Denver weight loss centers lamborghini diablo Broadband internet net linkdomain wireless How to identify business opportunities acne product Arizona vehicle insurance requirements Area rugs games Savon rentals Pantyhose sex legs fucking