Monday, April 14, 2008

Now that's how you turn a profit!

I don't know what made me think of it. Maybe it's all this nice weather we've been getting and the time spent outside trying to restore some life to the garden (if you know me then you know it's not ME who will restore life into any kind of plant. I'm more of the grim reaper of plant life. The touch of death I have..). I digress...
Anyways...being outside reminded me of the time when my younger brother decided to grow pot in my mom's garden. We were in highschool. I was probably about 18 and he was about 16. We have this deck off the kitchen that has about 7 stairs leading down to the grass. It's pretty high up since the kitchen is on the second floor. He decided to plant these buds directly below the railing amongst some bushes, a tree and some flowers. The damn plants grew taller then the bloody deck. At one point my mom saw them (and bless her naive heart) and stated that we should really go weed the garden since some nasty plant had clearly taken over. No clue.
He harvested his pathetic crop and even went so far as to bake (?? I really have no clue what one needs to do to grow good weed...bless my naive heart) it in the oven in our kitchen. He later smoked it saying it was a bit weak but it would do in a pinch.
My mom noticed the garden had been cleared of these weeds and assumed I had done her the favour (because my brother was a slacker stoner and wouldn't do it without being asked 500 times of course). She spotted me $20 for my 'hard work'.
My brother wasn't able to sell the shit that he grew, but I sure made some money off of it!
Sucka.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe
surely you split that with your hard working bro!
lol@ ina pinch!
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cori said...

man, this made me laugh out loud big time!

The Funky Bee said...

HA HA! That's awesome. I love that your mom had no idea what it was or how it miraculously disappeared. Good stuff Sassy!

Gledwood said...

what you're meant to do with homegrown mary-juana, so i hear, is to soak it all out in a bottle of vodka for a month or so. y'know just shove the grass, as you would smoke it, into the bottle and leave...

this produces a POWERFUL tincture.

then you dry out the knackered old herbs and sell them to someone stupid who you don't like...

and hey! 2 birds; one stone!!

excellent stuff!!

that vodka tincture thing really does work btw... eating/drinking cannabis in any form really does work... just doesn't particularly "agree with me"... which is alzheimerianly inconvenient!!

have a nice day

;->...

from
gledwood
"vol 2"...

Sassy said...

Sage - Helllll no. He got nothing cuz he stole my CDs to fund his habit.

Cori - Glad I could provide a chuckle or two! If only the brother had put his entrepreneurial spirit to good use though...

Funky Bee - No idea whatsoever. God love her. She had NO clue about all the bongs on his window sill either. She just thought he liked to mess with the "hunny bears" as an art project....

Sassy said...

gledwood - I'll be sure to pass that information on to him! Thanks for coming by!

g-man said...

LOL Sucka indeed> :) Funny story Sass. when I was a lad I had thoughts of growing my own, never could quite get the hang of it.

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

LMAO! That's great! Getting paid for not "weeding" the garden :)

Randi said...

That was a good one. Nice.