Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Just Another Day for Me...
So the day started out normal...well not really. Who calls getting up at 5 am normal? I surely don't. So scratch that. I had to get up at this ungodly hour to make it to an appointment in Toronto. I figured it would take me about an hour and a half with traffic, so off I went. On my drive down, a truck carrying bundles of styrofoam unleashed its furry infront of me. Luckily (well not so lucky for the bloke driving the red Cavalier) some wind caught it and sent it to the other lane. This happened several times. Apparently he didn't realize he was loosing his load. Someone is going to be pissed when they get to their destination! I am however, thankful it was not a load of bricks he was carrying...or I may not have been so lucky. I get to where I think I am suppose to be, and the elevators are not on. I head up 6 flights of stairs (not so bad, but at this time in the morning, I'd much prefer the elevator). When I get up, all the doors are locked up tighter then (ahh too easy)..... It is then that I realize I am in the wrong building. I need the one across the street. So I dart over there, ask the kind lady at the information desk for directions (side note: its a good thing she works at a hospital, I think she was ready to pop at any moment). It seems that some renovations are under way and certain rooms have been moved. I went into what I thought was where I was suppose to be, as it was clearly labeled "Respitory". Odd I thought, that so many men would be sitting here, and why are they staring at me?? It says to have a seat, so I sit. Why are these guys being asked how long they have abstained from sex/masturbation? What does this have to do with respitory ailments? Oh well, who am I to ask? (heh). I am next. I hand the kind doctor a paper, and without looking at it, he asks, did you bring the specimen? WHAT? Excuse me? Deer caught in headlights. Ohhh this is a sperm analysis clinic! Riiight. Now...I see, everything is crystal clear. Respitory is now 2 doors down...funny, the sign doesn't say that! This would only happen to me. Final note though...the hospital I had to go to is largely populated (run? not sure what the right word is) by the Jewish community. I happened to notice an elevator that was marked "Sabbath Elevator" What is this? I just don't understand. It's my own ignorance, I know, but I am notoriously curious. I have given it a lot of thought. Ok, so I had a nap when I got home, and now I am thinking about it...so sue me. Is it an elevator that Jewish people can only go in on the Sabbath because it's been blessed? Or does it lead to a secret bat cave full of potato latkas and chala? That's the best I got....So if anyone knows...please let me in on the secret!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment