Friday, January 20, 2006

You Have No Idea

You have no idea what that meant to me. That small gesture you probably thought nothing of, made my day. The note to tell me you appreciate all the work I do, validates who I am and what I try to do for your child. The smile your child gives me each day, makes me want (even more) to go into work and do my best.

You have no idea that I overheard you talking to someone else. I heard every word you said. Maybe I should have turned away, but I didn't. I will never think about you in the same way again. I am mistaken about you, and I'm sorry for not giving you more of a chance. I hope my idiocy was never apparent to you as it is to me right now.

You have no idea how much I respect you and love you. I wish I could find the right words to tell you. You gave so much for us, making things that were difficult or hard fun for us again. You gave us the love of 2 people. I always feel special when I am with you.

You have no idea how valuable love is, until you loose it. I had no idea that would sound so cliche until I wrote it.

You have no idea how bad you really want something until you can't have it. You have no idea how that can change your life both for the better and for the worse.

No comments: