Thursday, January 12, 2006
Sometimes You Just Have to Shake Your Head
I was thinking back to the first week of school. I think my students are growing on me. The best thing about being a teacher is that no two days are ever the same, and you get a good laugh each day...whether you should laugh or not. Believe me there are times I can't help but laugh, even though it is so inappropriate for me to do so. During the first week, for some reason, my students were really into telling jokes. One student asked me if he could tell a joke during snack, I said sure. He's a good kid and the joke was cute (ask me if I remember it though). After that, many of the kids wanted to get up and tell jokes. One kid in particular has a reputation for being a bit of a handful. He was bugging me all through math...so I finally told him that if he worked quietly until lunch then he could tell his joke. Worked like a charm, he worked hard. Lunch time rolled around. Given his reputation, I had to ask, "Is it appropriate?" He looks me straight in the face and says yes. He gets up there and says something to the effect of "why couldn't the moth fly with his legs together?" At this point, my teaching partner came in to discuss some things we had planned for out lovely little 7 and 8 year olds. All of a sudden the class is quiet, and when I look up they are all staring at me with wide eyes....trouble. I said, "_ _ _ _ get over here"..."what was the answer to your joke?" He tells me "because his balls are too big" (Note: I'm not sure if he messed the joke up, but I get the gist of it...moth balls...ha ha). The kids all knew they'd be in trouble if they laughed...although I was fighting back laughter just at the look of horror on their faces, and the look on this kids face. Anyways, I gave him the "I asked you if it was appropriate!!" He responds, " I don't know what appropriate is." Bloody Hell. No more joke telling unless they tell me the joke first. Lesson learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
so i guess i shouldn't be telling you Playboy jokes to recite in class?! hehe, just kidding!
Well, we can't expect anything from our students, do we?If u just give them the green light, off they go without even stopping.Ask me :-)
Enjoyed a lot! Catherine acuff kitchens Pontiac vibe t shirts clean water filter for kids oils fragrance addiction adipex Does quitting smoking cause hair loss glanzmann subaru Do you have to take shots with clomid dwayne hoover attorney at law Free printable tinkerbell stationery Saint john cancer association Adult toy international gay
Very nice site! » » »
Post a Comment