I had the opportunity to attend a play that the highschool was putting on. Several former students of my school were in it. No, I haven't been teaching long enough to see any of my grade threes off to highschool yet, but I do know some of these students, and wanted to show my support. Besides, a night out was needed! The school puts on a major production every year. This year it was "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" They put a unique spin on it, including versions of songs from each genre (rock, country, rap, reggae). Did you know that Joseph has a reggae star for a brother? or that he was actually sold into what looked like a mafia house? It was entertaining to say the least.
Two things struck me though:
1. These kids can sing! Two in particular...I was blown away. I thought at first they must be pulling some kind of milli-vanilli stunt. I had goosebumps. They were born to sing! And one has only been in Canada for 2 years! Impressed I am.
2. The kid who played Joseph (amazing singer #1) is quite possible the skinniest man-kid I have ever seen! He turned sideways and practically disappeared! Instead of throwing flowers at him after the show, I threw sandwiches.
It was just nice to see kids of that age (and that particular school) shine for good reasons! I am blown away with their talent and dedication!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that sounds like a really nice evening. I love seeing plays but I never remember that until I actually go. I never actually plan to go which is a shame. It's really amazing how talented these people really are.
Post a Comment