Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Take a wiff of this

I find that certain smells can bring back memories or a flood of emotions. When I smell the fresh crisp morning air, it reminds me of camping with my dad as a little girl. That first breath of morning air as I unzipped the tent and reached for my shoes. Fresh bread and certain spices flash me back to when I was at school in France. Walking along the Cote d'Azur, stopping at cafes and meandering around the small towns. Dusty leather books remind me of one of my favourite places to sit back in university. A quiet corner by the window on the 12th floor. The view stretched for miles. I could trace the Niagara river to the falls, look across at the distant building of the states, and even watch fellow students rush to their next class, or lie about in the gardens. Cologne on a man can have me stop in my tracks and close my eyes, breathing it in.

Summer carries it's own set of smells. That fresh after the rain smell. The smell of sunscreen on someone's skin. The BBQ fired up and cooking dinner. The wet wood of a dock at the lake. Yes, summer is almost here and many of these smells can already be found floating through the air.

However, I find myself upset at one smell found more often in the summer. The smell of body odor. I hate to say it, but it seems to be more prevalent among men...unless I just have the better luck of meeting sweet smelling ladies! I have a suggestion for my ill-smelling friends. Let's shower more frequently when it's this hot, and give yourself a liberal application of deodorant. Even better if you follow that with a spritz of cologne! Clean clothes are a must too. I cringe when I see guys pick up dirty clothes, and wear them again, because they are too lazy to wash them. Unless it smells like fabric softener or detergent, then you need to pass it on to the laundry basket my friends! All in an effort to smell nice.

Just my thoughts on summer smells.

4 comments:

Calvin said...

*gulp* but i'm so sweaty after work.. must shower more often!

Sassy said...

@ the outlaw torn - You know how I feel about that manly sweaty grease smell! That's different!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»