She was telling me that her sister had a job interview at Wal-Mart. No big deal, except that she was asked interesting questions. I don't really remember what the others were, but one stuck out in my head:
"If you could come to work drunk or stoned, which would it be?"
What the hell kind of question is that? She said "neither" but was told that she had to choose one. What can that really tell you about a person, if you force them to choose? I started thinking (always a bad sign) of how I would have handled that kind of question. I probably would have asked what the interviewer was at that time: drunk or stoned? Then I'd choose that one, since somehow they still managed to find themselves in a position of authority. If I was going to seriously try and answer that, I'd go for drunk since it's atleast a legal substance...
How do you answer that? It's complete poppycock (to quote my grandfather).

7 comments:
Poppycock??? That is friggin' retarded!!! I would have told them both!!!
BTW...would that be a Timmys Steeped Tea???Yummmmmm!
Mmmmmm tea...but I like the baged tea! I don't find the steeped tea always piping hot
I did one of those computer interviews for walmart a few years ago, they never called me....
They do ask really off questions, like "do you think it's ok to steal pencils from work?" um ok - of course I say noooo. In my head I am contemplating taking the pen they gave me to fill out the application with so I can write a check later when going for shampoo. I would have answered that one "stoned" because I like BEING stoned much better than being drunk, and you don't get that whino breath either - just twinkie happy!
She should have said in response: "To ask a question like that, which must you be: drunk or high?"
WTF? How can they seriously ask that question and what would choosing one of those things solve or say about a potential employee. You would think the correct answer would be NEITHER! oh well, it is Wal-Mart!
Now, on the other hand, she could have just said, "hell, I'm high right now", just for shits and giggles, but if she REALLY wanted the job it probably wouldn't have worked out.
I appreciate the logic, but I think I could probably function better high.
At least in my head I would.
Either way, funny ass question.
No wonder I love Wal-Mart.
WTF is right!!! This from Wal-Mart, which purports itself to be a family place, full of support for local communities. The store that refuses to carry unedited versions of rap and pop music. So full of shit, they are.
If I were asked that question in an interview (I guess it's all that psycho-babble bullshit these big companies use), I think I would act extremely offended and refuse to choose based on my high morals or something. Mwah ha ha ha.
Post a Comment