Monday, February 05, 2007

This is one funky barnyard...

I watched a movie 2 weekends ago. Yes, it was in true Sassy fashion: I saw the beginning, some of the middle and the last few minutes. I wish I could say it was from some steamy make out session, but as usual I fell asleep. I didn't need to see the whole movie though. I got the jist of it. It was cute. However, I was troubled by one thing. What kind of farm is being run but the sweet, portly farmer?! What kind of genetic altering drugs are being pumped into the animals for a better profit or better output of product?!

The main character is a lovable cow named Otis. His father dies and he takes over as the leader of the farm animals. He also has a serious party reputation. My problem is this:

Notice anything about Otis the MALE cow??

He has udders.

Only female cows have udders so they can produce milk. They can only do this after they have had a calf. Given that: Why oh why does Otis have udders?
Is he a gender confused cow?
Is this Nickelodeon's way of appealing to our trans-gendered friends?
Or perhaps having a female lead cow was too risky?
Would adding the proper male cow nads just turn this into animated porn?

I want answers!

What makes it worse, is the male cows walk around on their two hind legs and things just bounce around! A little suggestive if you ask me!

I'm not explaining this one to the kids.

12 comments:

Robin Alexa said...

It would be a bull if it were male no?

Hollz said...

weird i dunno man but i must see the movie now:)

exile said...

that's utter nonsense

(i had to, sorry)

Cori said...

Ha ha ha, we watched this movie a couple weeks back, and my 11 yr old son and I had the same discussion! I particularly liked that the farmer is a vegetarian.

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

Yup - us too. We were all compleeetly puzzled by the boy "cow".... Specially when he ended up marrying that girly pregnant cow. Hmmmmm

Distant Timbers Echo said...

AH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!

That is sooooo damn funny! It HAS to be a transgender "we are all the same" subliminal thing! OMG.

Evydense said...

The first clue should have been when he's truckin' around on 2 feet.

For the other...I'd call it "cartoonist's licence".

BTW, every time I click on your address in my Fav list, I get a page telling me that IBM can't process that page. Any ideas why?

Randi said...

Dude. It's a cartoon. Take it down a notch, Captain Literal. Hahah

Sassy said...

Binsk - yup. Bulls. With big 'bull' parts. Not udders.

Hollz - do it. And let me know what happens in the middle! hehe

Exile - *groans*

Cori - That was a nice touch with the farmer. I'm glad your son isn't mis-informed like so many other kids will be after watching this!

Hippychic - They got married?? Apparently I slept thru that part too! LOL Hmmm maybe she has the balls?

Redneck - Yup. Subliminal. It's nuts I tell ya! Nuts!

Evydense - I have no idea why that happens! :( Anyone else know why!? Maybe redneck will know. He knows lots of tech stuff like that!

Randi - LOL yeh yeh. Tell it to someone who cares =P

DINK said...

YOU SAID UTTERS! UH...HUH.....HUH...UH...YEAH!

DINK said...

CHEEZE & RICE SASS, HAVE I TOLD YOU LATLEY HOW DROP DEAD SEXY YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sassy said...

Dink - Why thank you Miss Sexy Pants!