It seems everyone is talking about the burst of winter we finally got, so why not me?! Ok, we had a snow storm just before Christmas, and if I remember correctly one in early November, but other than that it's been fairly green around here. So much for the 'Great White North'. It's been so mild...almost eerie really. We held our breath, not daring to think it would last, Mother Nature would surely screw us over somehow, as long as it's not June! We finally got some more snow, much to the delight of skiers and snowboarders (of which I am neither, but it is pretty until it turns to a slushy sloppy mess!). Lot's of snow! However, it appears that where I live is where it was hardest hit. Just 30 min south and it's a light dusting (5cm) and a bit south more and the grass is still green. How is it that I am up to my neck in snow?! We easily have over 35cm. I'm thinking it will be June before it ever melts! Oh well, I like the snow in a weird way. I'm not a winter sports person, but I do think it is pretty. Somehow I like the early morning walk with puppy when its quiet, snowy, and offers a moment for quiet thought.

2 comments:
Hi Sassy!
Mackeydoodle here. I seen you came & visited my blog. I noticed you are from Ontario...me too. I moved away when I was 10. Born in Tillsonburg, lived in Brantford & Hamilton. I miss it, but I don't miss the snow.
the snow has a strangely calming effect. i love going out on short walks in the dead of the night.
Post a Comment