Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Pancakes are the devil
Did you eat your pancakes today? I sure did...and I never want to see another one again! Well, it was the ladies turn this year at work to make the breakfast for "Pancake Tuesday", and I found myself in the kitchen at an ungodly hour, at work, with a spatula in my hand and batter on my shirt. All things said and done, it went well...no one got food poisoning and we didn't burn the place down. We came closer to doing that cooking microwave popcorn one day, so to tell you the truth I was worried what would happen when we tried to make breakfast for 30 people! The fire extinguisher was kept at close hand just in case. Later in the morning I repeated the whole process again to make pancakes for the kids in the two grade 3 classes...I know I am a glutton for punishment! So...if I ever see another pancake again - shoot me! At lunch (eating left over pancakes if you must know...*sighs*) we got talking about lent and if people are giving things up. After hearing about giving up bread, junk food and booze (?!?!?!?!?!?!) I decided I should be a good Catholic and give something up too....you know set a good example for the kidlets. I've decided to give up the following: smoking, anal sex and working of Fridays (oh and Mondays too!). I figure it should be easy since for the most part I don't do any of the above, and I could EASILY make the sacrifice to not work Fridays and Mondays for the next 40 days! Hmmm, now I'm feeling more like a good person! Now, in honour of Pancake Tuesday, Shrove Tuesday, Fat Tuesday or even Mardi Gras (whatever you want to call it: it's an excuse to indulge in food, but more importantly a drink or two!) I'm going to have another drink and head off too bed! Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
LMAO!!! Man you crack me up!!!
rofl! esp the things u decide to giveup
That's great! ROFL! You always brighten my day with this blog. I was raised Catholic, but I don't really practice anymore. Love the ideas for what to give up. We have had similar discussions in my household.
I'd think about giving up the same things you listed (I do all of them) but I'm not Catholic and I enjoy them all (except working).
You only have two 3rd grade classes? My son's school has 5 or 6.
i know what i should make you give up.. *evil smile*
Ah, if Lent = giving up work, couldn't we extend it to be a year-round event?
@ mackeydoodle - thanks! :)
@abhilash - he he I try to make it so I can't fail!
@aintneverscared - thanks! Glad you find humour in my ramblings :)
@april - lol then by all means continue to enjoy them! and yes we are a small school and some grades only have 1.5 classes. I dont know what I'd do with 5 other classes!
@s! - lol oh yeh? what's that? I think I have a suggestion or 2 for you if you want to give something up too...muhahaha
@leah the super-cool - I think you're on to something! I'll have one of my boys take your suggestion to the vatican..that way they may hear it sooner if you know what I mean.....
O
MY
GOD
You killed me, seriously.giving up anal sex for lent..you rock!
HA HA! I wonder if my boss would understand if I told him that I gave up working on Fridays for Lent? I didn't give anything up this year. Oh well, I'm a bad catholic anyway...
Post a Comment