Went to see Seether last night! Small venue, so close to the stage, I think their sweat hit us a few times (mmm maaaan sweat...huhhhuhhh). Again, this group is amazing to be heard live! I was actually in awe at some points. They even sampled some Pantera, Weezer and my all time fave, Nirvana (Heart-Shaped Box), of which they did an incredible job! I'm actually so blown away that I don't know what more to say. Impressed am I. I need to see them again!The opening bands is where I think I will make my comments. The first band Idle Sons was really quite good and worth checking out. Not to shabby for an opening band at all, considering I have been known to not make the opening band at all..something I really should stop doing! I'm sure we will hear more of them in the future.
Sadly, the rave reviews stops here. I don't want to completely bash the other opening band, but chances are I will...sorry in advance. Rocketface was the name of the band. Shitface is what I think. Just wasn't feeling it I guess. My first impression was that the drummer/lead singer looked like David Spade, then when he started to sing, that's all I could think of. There was no moving past it. It can't be normal for a man to reach such high notes without a foot in his balls. Then they kind of reminded me of those AV Tech kids in highschool, just these ones apparently broke into the music room and convinced themselves they could play instruments and sing. If there had to be one thing that was entertaining about their performance, it was only that one of them clearly had a mother there watching. Security had let her past the barrier and she was rocking out the best way a 60 something lady can. She was cute, and sadly far more entertaining then the band. The only thing that got us through it was that we knew Seether was up next...a necessary evil I guess.
Next stop: Ministry June 8th!

6 comments:
LOL.....I just finished writing about our experience and then I checked out your blog!!! You should check mine out! Needless to say, great minds think alike!!
SNOOCH!
hey,
my first visit to your blog....spent some minutes reading the first one..you seem to be a music freak..i am one too...nice blog....keep it up ..cheers :)
I love Seether, they are coming here to Reds on May 24th....may have to go. My son mentioned he wanted to come too but it is an adult only event.
yay! Seether rock.. don't say i didn't warn you! ;-)
WOW! You have some really great bands coming through your way!!! We dont get all that many here - too small a venue I think. Anthrax is coming with Rob Zombie soon, that would be nice to see. I would have loved to see Seether! So many of the opening bands just suck, but I guess they have to fill the time? Sounds like you had a good time though!!
Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»
Post a Comment