Tuesday, September 05, 2006

One day down.....

Well, I survived. We all did.
School was back in today. I forget how exciting, yet nerve racking the first day is for teachers and students alike. I love those first moments in the class when they are still a bit "shell shocked" and staring up at you. Unfortunately, it doesn't last long and we find our groove as a class pretty quickly. I know all my students from their classes last year and already know what to expect (and not expect) from many of them. After the group that was in grade 3 last year, any group will be a cake walk if you ask me. I forget how 'little' they are in the beginning of the year and how far along I have to bring them. Each September it's like starting over again. Such simple concepts I take for granted because my students left automatically knowing to do certain things, yet this new batch don't have a clue. I had quite a few laughs today at the expense of a few of them (after the fact of course!). One student in particular I have a feeling will be the subject of many a blog because he is so innocently comical!
I wish I had the energy to write more, or to share a little more of the humor in my day, however I am SOOOO tired. I am only just sitting down now after a full day at work, then at the barn. I need to sleep!

On a side note, Hella: I'm so proud of your boy for going to school for the first time and even more proud of you for letting go of him. I'm sending you big hugs because I know just how big of a step this was for the two of you! Love you both with all my heart!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sniffle*
Love you tons babe! I have a feeling he will be fine....I'm just wondering if I will be able to hold up?!

DINK said...

IT`S ALWAYS HARDER ON THE PARENTS!
:( I CRIED AS IT IS JOURNEY`S FIRST YEAR OF SCHOOL AND SHE DIDN`T EVEN BAT AN EYE WHEN I LEFT!

Evydense said...

I peed my pants on the first day because, as far as I was concerned, my Mom took me to this strange building and then abandoned me! (She had been "getting me ready" for weeks, but I guess not much of it registered!)

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Oh how nice. My wife let my li'l smooth operator go on her first day of Kindergarten a couple of weeks ago and she was like, "Bye mom!" and off she went! No problems.

Then my wife called me seconds later bawling. It was so cute!

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Evydense! Hahahahaha!

exile said...

my mom was glad to be rid of me

my parents were really attached to my brother, but when it came to me it was "tuck and roll cause' i ain't stopp'n."

of course, she used to forget me at school a lot

be strong little hella *big hug*

Randi said...

As a student it's nice to know that teachers are as nervous on the first day of school as I am.

The Funky Bee said...

Aww, sounds like a great first day and proud of hella and her boy for being so brave. It always seems so much harder than it is. It'll all be fine. Thanks for teaching the children of the world Sassy! They need more like you.

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

When I win the lotto - I will just hire you as my private teacher and we can get drunk and fingerpaint for art class!!

Shora said...

I salute you for being a teacher! I could never do it, and I'm so glad there are people like you out there that do.

And another GIANT CYBER HUG to Hella.!!! I've been there, it's tough, but he'll be fine! It's definitely harder on us parents.

exile said...

Ahem!

it's thursday and i see no HNT

if you're skipping Half Nekk'ed Thursday it better be for Full Frontal Friday

*drums fingers on desk*

I'm just say'n...