Friday, September 22, 2006

You did what?!?!

If anyone cares, the school bbq went well last night. Read: I managed not to swear or show my demented side to any parents...enough to scare them away anyway. Once I get started, I really don't mind talking so much to the parents. It's just the thought of being there alll day and evening. I didn't get home until after 10pm and when I arrived this morning it didn't really feel like I had left. Hadn't I just left this building?

I have one kid (the worried monkey that called his dad an 'uneducated bum' because he swears) who stayed with me for the duration of the evening. His dad chatted with me then left. Nowhere to be found. Gone! His mom was in the foyer selling shirts as she is on the parent council. I don't recall being paid to babysit. I did however put him to work (sadly, he loved this. Poor kid will learn.) He was going to wash my boards for me. This conversation took place:

Sassy: Why don't you wash the boards for me?
E: Okay!!
E proceeds to the sink and fills up a bucket...right to the brim!
Sassy: Honey, that's a little full. When you put the sponge in, it will overflow onto the desk. Why don't you empty some of it?
E: ummm Okay.
He heads to the sink and I walk towards my desk. There is no other adult in the room at this time...a brief lull in the crowds eager to talk to me (*rolls eyes*). Suddenly I hear:

E: Ms. Sass, I took a big dump in the sink!

I turned, eyes wide open, already laughing. I had to know if he was being rude or just innocent. Turns out he had no idea why what he said was so funny to me. He just wanted to let me know he dumped half the water out.
I'm still laughing.
Maybe I need to grow up.
This kid kills me.
At this rate, I'll need to wear depends to work.

1 comment:

exile said...

a friend of mine years ago worked at a day care.

one day someone donated a bunch of balls for the kids. some of them were giant tennis balls

so a kid ran up to her and yelled "omg, look! we have huge hairy balls!"