Friday, July 07, 2006

Dog for Sale and other assorted Haikus

Those cherries from HNT were sweet and succulent and there happened to be a whole lot of them! I decided (with a little encouragement) that maybe I'd try my hand at making a pie. I painstakingly cut the pits out of each cherry and cut them into nice little pieces. I filled the hand made pie shell (okay not by my hands, but someone worked hard to make it) and lovingly cooked the pie to perfection. I cooled in on the oven by the window, making sure there were no hungry bears around. Later in the day I gave Mr. Sass a piece to test. If he keeled over, I'd know not to try it myself. He claimed it was a damn good pie, just like his momma makes. Yes!! However, I opted to leave my own taste test for later. Short end of it? The next day, Mr. Sass leaves to work with a piece in his lunch and the rest on the counter. I had to run out and do some errands. I came home to a sleepy dog, pie tin on the floor and not one crumb of that pie left! He licked the tin clean! He also managed to drag the pie over to the little mat by the sink. I wonder if those stains will come out? I couldn't believe it! Apparently he didn't learn a thing when he ate the turkey carcass I was boiling for soup and he spend 2 days crapping himself. What a bloody pig. However, I had to laugh. What a sight it must of been. I never did get to taste that pie, but I hear it was good.

Stupid greedy pig
devoured my cherry pie
I'm done! Dog for sale.
* * * * *
In the dentist chair
Drilling away on my teeth
Why do I say thanks?
* * * * *
Mouth is still frozen
Is this what cavities do?
Drooling on myself

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO......tears running down the cheeks! Hopefully Coopy doesn't leave any "nuggets of truth" on your new carpets!
Sorry about the pie babe!

Calvin said...

great work Coop.. that must've been good pie!

dentist's appointment eh?!

Sassy said...

hella - he better not! I'll put him thru the ringer. The puke was enough. Meh..no worries about the pie tho...I don't actually like pie that much. lol

outlaw torn - Coop appeared to have loved it! and yes, sadly a dentist appt...*sighs* I hate the dentist!

exile said...

i hate when you don't get to enjoy something you've worked very hard on just because of some bitch

i also hate when a dog eats my pie. hehehe

Randi said...

That's hilarious! I remember the time our dog ate a bag full of bubble gum. Unwrapped it and everything. Mom said we couldn't let her in the house for 2 days. LOL

Randi said...

That's hilarious! I remember the time our dog ate a bag full of bubble gum. Unwrapped it and everything. Mom said we couldn't let her in the house for 2 days. LOL