Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Porch Monkey in Training

It seems I have a new past time. Well, more like a way to pass time. I have taken to sitting out on my porch with a drink. I just sit there and let life go by. I'm getting to know people's schedules of when they come and go (which will come in handy when I go on a binge of B&E's). I talk to random dog walkers and stay at home moms. I watch the clouds float by and listen to the song of birds. I watch the construction on the next street over and sing along with the worker's music. I don't mind at all that they choose to work without shirts. I think I'll be that old person who sits and rocks in her chair with a mangy dog at her feet, or 15 cats, yelling at the neighbourhood kids. Some may say I'm lazy. I say I'm relaxing. Some might say I need a hobby. I have several thank you. I like the quiet and I like the attempt I'm making at browning this lily-white skin of mine. Although, I wish I had company some days. If you're in the area come by. I make a killer lemonade (stiff if you'd like). I'll be the one on the porch with her feet up. The porch monkey in training.

NB *apparently the term porch monkey is a 'racial slur'... I definitely don't mean it to be offensive. I like monkeys. In fact, maybe I should say I'm a porch honky in training??

12 comments:

Thatgirl7278 said...

I can't believe Wikipedia has a list of racial slurs.

I heart Wikipedia.

Truly.

Porch honkey. hehe

Nice.

And oddly enough, seems to apply.

Shora said...

I always dreamed of having a house with a porch. Now I have one. I never sit on it. Why is that? Maybe I just need lemonade... stiff.

exile said...

1st off if anyone is offended by "porch monkey" they are just reading way too into things. if we really wanna get pc think of the phrase "you just gypped me". this referrs to Gypsies, thus being a derogitory term. some people want to be offended. i'm happy to oblige.

2ndly i know a way to inhance your hobby. while sitting on the portch make up signs to put on your yard. then put weird things on the signs like:

"my lawn is mowed by jesus"
"sign for sale"
"keep off the loose soil"
"stop reading my sign"

for added fun take pic of people looking at them

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Sas, you just named the one thing I've been doing for the past decade!

Isn't it wonderful? Keep it up. I call it People-Watchin'. Always done with sweet iced tea or coffee in the mornings.

Randi said...

um, porch honkey works for me. there's nothing wrong with taking a little time to smell the roses, sweety, and eff anyone who says otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Sassy ..you make me laugh!

The Funky Bee said...

you are SO LUCKY~ While we were away last week the beach house had a killer porch with a ton of rocking chairs and that's where we spent the majority of our free time.

We are planning to renovate our house and one of the very first things we plan to do is add a nice big porch!!

I don't think you're lazy at all, I'm envious and I really wish I lived closer, that lemonade (the stiff one) sounds really great right about now!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work company home insurance life security vipper alarm systems for cars American jurisprudence and accounts and accounting alarm systems used on vw cars http://www.auto-floor-mats.info/ace_security_systems.html Photos of the 1st laptop computer design Comparison home security systems Methods for teeth whitening Blood pressure when you excercise Cobra 360 degree radar detector Ambien cr website http://www.teeth-whitening-40.info/Call_center_position-nights_job.html indianapolis home security

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Moving company scams anthony dougal new england hockey writers association B12+hair+loss+vitamin Free anti spam blocker oe tamiflu over the counter

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Virus software rating company design promotion site web Traffic increase advertising products internet tra http://www.401k-accounts.info/Roswell-internet-advertising.html Renting hummer limos acura integra 2000 front bumper cover prescription diet pill internet marketing leads submit ads free traffic search Cellulitis medical condition http://www.accutane-1.info Mobile al drive recovery

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Furniture at work Cheap baseball glove envision lcd monitor driver windows picture and fax viewer 2000 circuit breaker terminology Postal battery exam Ip laptop over voice hair loss in man

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read diamond engagement rings liquid vitamin toyota Callaway elementary school panama city florida Acne care proactive Craps free internet Dvd home theater players Garfield games no downloading Fitness center in boston 85 gmc pickup specs Decorating kitchens 50s style 2003 suzuki gsxr600 alstare Canada waterbeds dentist retail security systems