Sunday, July 09, 2006

Just another Sunday

What a lazy, but at the same time busy day. I got up early to go to a horse show this morning. Check it out, get back into the feel of the craziness of it all. I told myself I would just ride for fun, but the moment I stepped into the ring it came flooding back to me. The excitement. The people. The horses. The ribbons. Maybe its the competitive nature in me, but I instantly wished I had entered. I spent far to long at the show, helping friends and watching. Tacking up horses, doing hair, and organizing. I had company coming, but couldn't tear myself away. I ended up rushing home to clean and cook. I made it in time to flick on the game, and grab a drink. Time was well spent with the family. Good conversation (sick jokes included). Good food. We even managed to break into a few houses that are being built nearby. Good wholesome fun.

8 comments:

exile said...

when a girl is that into horses how's an average guy supposed to impress her?

Sassy said...

LOL...I'm not THAT into them although there is something to the expression of being hung like a horse....

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Sheesh, You could use a redneck nerd in your life! I love going to horseshows and breaking into houses! Haha!

Life is just one adventure after another, huh?

Shora said...

Horses. Ah-ahh-ahhh-CHOOO!!!

Alas, there'll never be a romantic horseback ride along the beach for me.

Sassy said...

Redneck nerdboy - always an adventure..lol. You should have seen my mom climbing thru the windows. That's a quality moment right there!

Shora - :( what about camels? They make u sneeze too?

Thatgirl7278 said...

Lisa - uhm, thanks for the link. But it's a site for trips out of Canada only. Doesn't really help me much down here.

Sassy said...

that girl - oh crap! I didn't think that far into it! Im such a putz!

exile said...

sassy- hung like a horse? it's funny you mention that, i have a video clip...