Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend re-cap

Monday.
Meh.

I don't usually re-cap the weekend (do I?), but I feel like I've been neglecting the ol' blog here. And neglect I must! The weather was fantastic this weekend! The temperature gauge in the car read +27! We opted for a cruise in the convertable, resulting in a slight sun burn for Mr. Sass, but that lucky bugger will have a nice dark tan by Tuesday. It takes me months to get any colour, and then it's starting to snow again!

We got some work done around the outside of the house, which is a bonus. Our redneck neighbours were actually out doing something too. Shocking! Nice people, but unless their grass is up to their knees, there seems to be no sense is cutting it! Oh well, who am I to say anything? It's not my yard. I don't have a green thumb, but at least it's kept.

I finished a really good book and watched a couple movies too. I actually stayed awake too! Something must be wrong with me! I watched Flyboys and Blood Diamonds. Both very good. Flyboys fascinated me a bit, because my grandfather (and his brothers) flew planes in WWII. His brother was shot from the sky from Nazi's and survived. A German family took him in (rescued him!) and mended him. They took care of him for over a year in fact, until he could come home. Insane!

On that note, I'm exhausted.
Till tomorrow.

7 comments:

exile said...

a year? man, i don't even let my friends stay for the whole weekend.

i guess there are some germans that aren't evil

Anonymous said...

damn what make and model of convertable????

cool story about ur ur g-daddy and his bros
,ine was in a sub
js

SaM-GiRL said...

lol! germans are evil???? lol. great blog! loved the little window licker too. cute.

NWO said...

Actually, that's a pretty good weekend. I'd of gone out too, but would have needed a machete to get through the grass outside the house. *sigh*

Mafia Wife said...

I meant to post this on your HNT post... but, get it pierced! Do it now and it will be all healed up by the time you are ready to show it off :)

Randi said...

I'm totally a neglecter and don't even have a good Tuesday recap of anything. Sigh. Blog blockage.

g-man said...

Now that is the stuff movies are made from (your grandfather's brother) Glad the weater is nice. Enjoy it.