Sunday, June 25, 2006

I know it's a phallic symbol...



Well the CN Tower is 30 years old tomorrow. Yippee skippee!
I guess it's one symbol that really defines the Toronto skyline. You can see if from miles away on a clear day. Some argue that it is just a huge phallic symbol, especially with the Skydome beside it (*ahem* sorry...the Rogers Centre..whatever!) giving it 'nuts' so to speak. However that is kind of lost now that they have put oodles and oodles of highrises around the downtown core.
What I find funny (maybe sad?) is that here is this landmark, this tourist attraction, and I have never been. Yup, I have lived here all my life and never once been up the tower! I think maybe I'll reserve it for anyone who wants to come visit Toronto. I'll go with you up the tower and we can experience the glass floor together. I'll bring some depends because I'm not always so cool with heights. I guess when you live close to something like this you take it for granted? I know if I was moving away tomorrow, it would be on my list of things to do before I left. That way I could say, been there, done that, lived to tell about it.


Hey: phallic or fallic? beats me.
Pardon the pun?

4 comments:

exile said...

you have to rent the movie Canadian Bacon in honor of the celebration

that canadian penis thingy plays key role in the movie!

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

Lord a glass floor????? I don't think I could handle being up that high, so could you save me one of yer depends??

Sassy said...

exile - lol yes..Canadian Bacon: very funny.

hippychic - sure thing, what are friends for?!

Randi said...

it's because towers are terrifying.