
Well, I hit another concert last night. This time Ministry, and industrial metal band. A band from my highschool days. The experience can be summed up in 1 word: LOUD. I have been to some heavy concerts, but this takes the cake so to speak! My ears are still ringing, and I think I can thank the feedback they use! However, all talk of things being obscenely loud (maybe this is just another sign that I'm getting old *sighs*) the concert was really good.
The opening bands were Pitbull Daycare and the Revolting Cocks (RevCo). PBDC was pretty entertaining. Their music just as loud and their stage antics entertaining. However, I think I got more entertainment from the lead singer consistently hitting himself upside the head or across his chest....very odd. We decided he probably has tourettes which causes these tics. If we're right, we are not making fun, just wondering what the hell he was doing and getting a laugh from it. We thought the last song might even be where he just goes postal and beats the shit out of himself!
RevCo was great too. They opened with a personal favourite "beers, steers and queers", however, declined any offer from me to sing my version of the song. They did pull up several scantily clad girls from the audience to dance on stage to their rendition of Rod Stewart's "Do you think I'm sexy?" A giant penis danced along with them. Histarical.
Ministry themselves rocked the place. They played a lot of their new material and hit some old favourites, including NWO and Just One Fix. The only disappointment was that they did not play "Jesus built my Hotrod" a personal favourite and a song that was clearly written for my SO. Either way, the concert was a blast, and we had a great time. Sadly, this marks the end of my concerts so far. My ticket stash has been depleted. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I find something that I have to see, especially with the potential of Tool coming.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
In honour of my new past time for friday, A haiku:
Headache, ears bleeding
rocked my booty off last night
smashed clock 6 am

3 comments:
SASS WISH I WOULDA BEEN THERE WITH YA GIRL...WE COULD HAVE RAISED SOME HELL AND HAD ALOT OF FUN AFTERWARS AS WELL!!!!! COME AND PICK ME UP NEXT TIME K?
@ Dink - You got it! the more the better!
Enjoyed a lot! pro baseball hat Amateur naaktfotos cheap printing for wedding invitations dishwashers need circuit Ball busting city dom dom fem fem
Post a Comment