Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Like mother like daughter I guess

I was visiting with my mom the other day, for my little bros birthday. Okay, my little brother isn't so little, he's atleast 6'4" and 25, but common, he's my baby brother. After dinner we got talking. She seems to enjoy my stories about the kidlets at work and the shit they come up with. She happened to say something to the effect of, "what would we do for entertainment if you weren't a teacher?" I decided that no matter what profession I am in, there is always a story to tell. Besides, it's all in how you tell a story that is entertaining!

I told her that I still would consider becoming a midwife if I grew tired of teaching. However, I elaborated on my thoughts, and the conversation went downhill from there:

Me: Although I think it would be a very exciting career and challenging, I think I would have to get over the idea of sticking my fingers up another woman's wazoo.

Mom: It wouldn't be that bad.

Me: I don't know....

Mom: You could always practice on yourself. *laughs*

Me: Mom!!

Mom: What?! It would get easier the more you do it.

What exactly did she really mean by that last comment?!
Now some of you see that I come by my sick humour honestly.

8 comments:

Mythreyee said...

lol!!!!! :D :D u kno, its nice 2 kno dat ppl r interested in such professions.. v here r so stuck up wid engineers n doctors! geez... u peep out of a window, c a crowded road n call out "all engineers, letz hav a show of hands" n nearly 95% of da ppl on da road wil def b wavin at u! its crazy...

i juz realized i seem 2 hav a knack 4 commentin totally outta context :D

Mackey said...

LMAO!!! Sassy Mom rawks!!! That was a good one!!!
I debated on being a midwife or a Doula. How beautiful it would be to help women bring their children into the world.

Randi said...

I love when Mom's give TMI and are mildly inappropriate. Oh, and my "little" brother is also 6'4" and almost 25... weird.

exile said...

at the gas station of love sometimes you have to pull into self serve

i'm just saying

Thatgirl7278 said...

Good one Mom!

Randi said...

um... it's thursday, where is your half-nekkedness?

Leah the Super-Cool said...

I think we have the same mother.... the best is when you're having a completely appropriate conversation and nothing inappropriate has happened for MONTHS and then out of the blue something like that comes out!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »