Just when things were looking a little grey and uncertain, Hippychic finds a way to make me smile. It seems my wee Hippy Lass has nominated me for the "Thinking Blogger" award! She herself was nominated and then has to nominate 5 more people. I'm thinking that instead of a 'thought-provoking' blog, I have a more of a head scratching, "what the hell was she thinking?" kind of blog! Either way: Much appreciated!Now I have to nominate 5 blogs! So here are my nominations:
**I'm assuming I can't re-nominate Hippychic? Cause if I can, you can just accept 6 nominations and slot Ms. Hippychic right there at the top!
Hella - My girl Hella manages to cover all the bases on her blog. You get a good idea of the real and amazingly awesome person she really is. She makes you think (but don't blame her for the burning smell) and makes you laugh. Her ability to identify the most obscure songs/artists has me thinking she was a music carnie in a previous life.
Mackey - She really lets us in certain parts of her life. I think she has the one blog that brings a tear to my eye more often than any others. She offers perspective that is sometimes easy to loose in our crazy lives. Her undying love for Chad and her sense of humour are second to none. She also gets the whole passion of Timmy's thing. She's proven that she's a great friend to have in your court too.
Randi - It scares me sometimes how similar she and I are...whether she realizes it or not. Sometimes I can read her blog and know exactly what she's going to say next. She has me laughing my arse off (no easy feat, it's rather large), and then other times she has me thinking or even changing my perspective of things. She's just dishes it out. Take it our leave it. That's why I love her.
Binsk - Although not blogging nearly enough anymore, she definitely makes me think. And Laugh. Hard. I find myself thinking about the 'younger' days and growing older. ;-)
I know it's a blog award, but talking to her in person really challenges my ideas. She has such fresh and new ideas and I love that she'll share them with me...and my 500 idiotic questions. Besides, her dog is cute and that's reason enough to get an award.
ThatGirl - Where do I start with this one? Her blog is one that although I link to, I'd like to keep her my little secret. I don't want to share! Alas, that is not me. Her blog offers an honest look into her life and the humours things that surround it. Ever since I found her, I've been scanning my grocery receipts hoping to find "grape cock" on it. If I had half the wit this gal has, I'd be seriously funny (I'd also be a 'half-wit'..but that's besides the point right?).
So those are my nominations. Sorry there is no money, fancy gift bags or even a crown or bouquet of flowers.
Here are the rules from the originating site of the award:
Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme.The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog). That was that! Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking!

5 comments:
you are tagged
chicken of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it all tastes like chicken!
js
Well thank you, darling! What a flattering way to start my Tuesday. Perhaps I'll play along tomorrow.
The love is mutual and there's no one more worthy of such an honor as you.
Thank you for playing!!
I am so honored. You're a doll and a half (wit).
Post a Comment