Monday, March 12, 2007

F-R-E-E-D-O-M!!

Almost.
The birds leave tomorrow.

Over the last few months I've learned many things. I'm not going to preach tolerance, patience, how to cook traditional Mennonite dishes, or any crap like that.
I learned about Science. More specifically: Genetics.
It occurred to me living amongst this clan (man do I have a clever name for them...but I don't really need to broadcast their last name, and any play on it I have), that I'm fighting a battle I'll never win. I thought I was fighting the "nurture" part of the whole "nature vs. nurture" debate. Wrong.
The issues that arise in this marital world of mine, I realize are genetics. Mr. Sass clearly comes by these things honestly. His parents to the same. I discovered that the following must be genetically imprinted:
  • Leaving cupboards open, yet blaming others.
  • Piling dishes in the sink instead of putting them in the (empty and ready!) dishwasher.
  • An inability to empty said dishwasher.
  • Taking out any kind of garbage. Instead, lets pile it up and see how high we can get it before it falls over.
  • Not recycling (the bin is right beside the garbage folks!). This just isn't happening with them, and I tend to be a recycling Nazi.
  • Spilling on a perfectly clean floor.
  • Spilling anywhere and not wiping it up, but letting it dry/crust.
  • Walking with muddy shoes across the floor, when there is a mat for the shoes.
  • Leaving every single light on in the house.
  • Spazzing during the wee hours of the morning when most sane people are sleeping.
  • An insane love of eggs.
This list is by far not conclusive. I'd hate you to think I'm bitching (again). I swear it's bread into them. I'm guessing the only way to change it, is to give Mr. Sass a good solid beating to alter these genes?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

sugar lemme break it down for you.....
the problems you state have nothing to do with genetics. These things come standard issue with a penis.
If you have one you do these things.
its your job, you must do them
u have to to protect your manhood.
never fret females have things they do that come standard issue with a vagina.
just lettin you in on the facts
js

Anonymous said...

ok I fergot to check the lables again
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
why is it always about size with you girls????
js

Sassy said...

J - It's not the length, it's not the size, it's how many times you can make it rise!

I was just stating facts myself.

Randi said...

Bitch away, sister. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

alone or with aid????
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
it aint the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog!!
j

Shora said...

JS is right. Either that or we've married the same man.

Congrats on the near-freadom babe!

The Funky Bee said...

What the hell? Sounds like a bunch of children and I don't know that I could conclude it was in their genes. I would have to beat then until they changed. That sounds like my worst nightmare over and over again.

Anonymous said...

OH the happy dance I will partake in with you this weekend.
My opinion on the post.......hysterical. Only cause once again I have seen this clan in action and I see your eyes roll when these things take place!

Sassy said...

Hella - You DO know what I'm talking about. Lord help us!

g-man said...

It's funny but I can see my wife in her family too. The mannerisms and such,. It is pretty funny. One time my wife was going on about something and I said to her "Excuse me Jim (her dad), can I speak with my wife again please." She stopped and looked at me funny. I laughed.

NWO said...

Do blue whales have blue balls?