Saturday, April 15, 2006

Another Saturday with yokals.

This is how I know I am getting old. I went to the Toronto Home Show, and had fun. Maybe I shouldn't admit that. Maybe it's because it's been so crazy around here that I needed the distraction...ok that's what I'll tell myself! I was prepared to see a lot of different companies selling windows and shit like that, and I wasn't let down in that department. I wasn't prepared for all the freebees (and who doesn't love freebees?!) and the good deals I found for useful stuff around the house. I came home with lots of good treats!! I even managed to get the cell phone company to honour a deal (for teachers) they knew nothing about. I got tones of free add ons, a cool new phone and a way better deal then I ever expected! I love to bargain and if I do say so, I'm pretty good at it. I won't bore you with details of what I've managed, but if you ever need to purchase a big ticket item and want someone to go with you, I'm there!

I also managed to do a lot of people watching. I could sit on a bench and watch people all day. Very amusing. I also had the unfortunate opportunity of seeing way to many camel toes (both male and female alike) and mullets (again, sadly both male and female). It rekindled my desire to create a coffee table book of both...Mullets Across America and Volume 2: Camel Toes (with a specific chapter for Canadian camel toe: The Moose Knuckle). I just need someone who is decent with a camera! Hmmm...maybe I should start posting some of the sick pics I've taken...maybe a special day dedicated to the camel toe and mullet?

On that note, I will share one last piece of the Home Show with you. Here is a picture of one of the home show vendors. I'm not really sure what the hell they were offering. I did venture up to ask if I could ask to the "whoreman," but it seems he was out on business. Shame really, I had a few questions for him.

4 comments:

Calvin said...

i'm pretty nifty with a cam, and would gladly volunteer for the post!!

Sassy said...

Hey s! you're hired!

Leah the Super-Cool said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the video! She literally almost smashed into some Swedish girl when she finished her first run. I'm glad we could have created that Acropolis memory for that oblivious tourist!

As for the mullets and cameltoes, did you know mullets are THE in thing around Spain/Italy? Yeah, terrible I know. Aaaand if camel toes are really of interest to you, there's always this, gag-inducing site:

http://ratemycameltoe.com/vote.php

Don't ask me how I found that. Let's just say it wasn't a voluntary discovery.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! patent farmers insurance group texas